Listen here or on your favorite platform
About the Episode
A branch of economics that is far from main stream, Bitcoin has renewed interest in Austrian Economics.
But most of us have not studied the founding fathers of the discipline like Mises, Rothbard, and Haslitt.
In part 1, Jeffrey Tucker, Bitcoin's chief economist, explains the central thesis and history of Austrian econ:
- The origins of Austrian Economics
- History of money: tobacco, gold standard etc.
- Do we need central banks?
- Price discovery
- What bitcoiners commonly get wrong about economics
- Why Austrian economics is still around today after so many years of a fractional reserve monetary system
About the Host
Matt Aaron has been podcasting since 2013, when he launched the Food Startups Podcast.
He recently found a second love in cryptocurrency and blockchain and hasn't looked back.
His first major investment into cryptocurrency was the money he made betting on (but not voting for) that Donald Trump would win the 2016 election.
Matt believes that public blockchains and cryptocurrencies are the solution to the many problems exposed of the current banking system in the 2008 financial crisis.