Listen here or on your favorite platform
About the Episode
It was an honor to chat with Erik. We talk about a variety of topics, including:
- After so much progress for bitcoin over the last 7 years, does Erik ever stop to smell the roses?
- His bitcoin story. Meeting Roger Ver and Charlie Shrem back in the early days.
- His recent run-in with an unethical hit piece on ShapeShift by the Wall Street Journal.
- On Peter Schiff and his views towards bitcoin and liberty
- What fuels the main stream media hatred towards bitcoin?
- The ideal role the SEC should play in cryptocurrency regulation
- Why Erik already cashed out of bitcoin a long time ago
- Tips on being a contrarian thinker
- ShapeShift's decision to do KYC/AML
1:00 - Introduction to Erik Voorhees- who is he and what has he done?
2:59 - The books everyone should read to really understand the relevance of being ‘free' from the banks.
5:40 - What was Erik doing in Dubai?
6:48 - The time Erik met Roger in NewYork
10:40 - Erik discusses the attacks Bitcoin endures over the years and why it’s a good thing.
12:07 - Peter Schiff and his inability to ‘get’ why Bitcoin is so special. Erik recalls the moment they set a Bitcoin wallet up for Peter, and what happened.
16:22 - The tragedy of Peter Schiff’s father.
17:50 - Bitinstant and his involvement with the company
& much much more!
About the Host
Matt Aaron has been podcasting since 2013, when he launched the Food Startups Podcast.
He recently found a second love in cryptocurrency and blockchain and hasn't looked back.
His first major investment into cryptocurrency was the money he made betting on (but not voting on) that Donald Trump would win the 2016 election.
Matt believes that public blockchains and cryptocurrencies are the solution to the many problems exposed of the current banking system in the 2008 financial crisis.
A food entrepreneur, he exports exotic fruit from South America to USA.